Health & Welfare
Plans that work as hard as you do
Because we excel at both multiemployer and public sector Health & Welfare plans, we have a broad view of these complex benefits systems. Give your participants the benefit of our innovative approach, exceptional products and extensive expertise and experience.
Our Health & Welfare Consultants provide a complete range of actuarial and consulting services to help you optimize benefits and control costs. Through sophisticated analysis, reports, modeling, cash flow projections, analytics and bargaining support, our customized, cost-effective consulting covers the full spectrum of benefits.
- Financial analysis & projections
- Plan design costing & modeling
- Cost efficiency strategies & programs
- Monitor & advise on plan results
- Actuarial experience/utilization review
- Health care reform compliance
- Actuarial valuations of retiree health (OPEB)
- Retiree health funding studies
- Compliance with financial reporting standards and disclosures
- Medical & dental benefits
- Prescription drug benefits
- Vision care benefits
- Group life benefits
- Cadillac tax estimates
- EAP/substance use/mental health
- Life and AD&D
- Forward-thinking solutions
- Actionable reporting
- Provider renewals & reviews
- Summaries of vendor proposals
- Contingency reserve modeling
- Summary plan description updates
- Employee communications material
- Bargaining assistance
Multiemployer and Public Sector Plan Solutions
Plan Design Analysis
We keep cost/benefit optimization up to date with current
benchmarks, peer comparisons and emerging industry thinking.
A key part of our financial management service is looking forward at the impact of current or potential plan design.
Cash Flow Projection
We provide a roadmap to understanding if the plan meets your goals—both short and long term.
Collective bargaining support is one of our strengths. We provide all the data and support you need to negotiate the most beneficial outcomes possible.
Performance above and beyond: Retiree Health
We consult on all types of Health & Welfare plans, as well as Retirement and countless other programs. So do many others.
We also consult on both defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. A few others do that too. But what makes us unique is that we maintain a dedicated team strictly for performing the Other Post-Employment Benefit (OPEB) valuations—also known
as "Retiree Health" thus providing greater synergy in addressing active and retiree health plan solutions.
Required Reports for OPEB
You can stop stressing about compliance with required OPEB actuarial valuations right now. We have your back for all of it:
- FASB ASC 965 for multiemployer trust funds
- FASB ASC 715- 60 for corporate employers
- GASB 74/75 for public employers
“Rael & Letson is known for expertise and depth
of experience, for their ability to keep up with changes in the health benefit industry, and for their thoroughness in doing analyses of plan experience and benefit change impact.”
— Senior Account Administrator